Fall is for Thanksgiving
While we should be thankful every day, fall is a time of concentrated reflection, where we can look back at the year and count our many blessings. And though our memories will also stumble on some of the non-blessings that have occurred, I hope that those are few and overshadowed by the overwhelming happy moments that have touched your life.
Today I’m thankful for laughter. Couldn’t we all use a little Fantastic Friday laugh to start the weekend? Here goes:
I recently picked up a copy of 511 Things Only Women Understand by Lorraine Bodger. Some of my favorites are listed below. I hope you enjoy.
Only Women Understand:
- Amortization: If you wear that three-hundred-dollar suede jacket thirty times, it costs only ten dollars per wearing.
- That running out of coffee, panty hose, mascara, and gas on the same morning is enough to send you back to bed for the rest of the day.
- Why it’s unhelpful for your boyfriend or husband to point out that you’ve gone off your diet when you have.
- Why a woman cannot have too many pairs of black slacks.
- How to look as if you’re listening attentively while you’re actually planning your grocery list in your head.
- That finding a pair of perfectly fitting jeans approaches having a religious experience.
- The alarming difference between 120 pounds and 121 pounds.
- The tone of your girlfriend’s telephone voice when she means: He’s in the room, so I can’t talk about that right now.
- Why it makes perfect sense to wear toe-crushing, arch-defying, exquisitely beautiful pumps.
- The difference between pants, regular pants, nice pants, good pants, and dressy pants.
- Why it’s essential to pack your makeup case in your carry-on bag , not in your luggage.
- That it’s impossible to own too much good jewelry. Or even too much bad jewelry.
- How to ask for directions.
Have a wonderful weekend. Be thankful. Laugh and smile every moment that you possible can.